Sunday 31 January 2010

noisey toys

We didn't get so much sunshine today, however it was still warm enough to do some more painting. Tom carried on cleaning up the paintwork on the wheelhouse with the grinder, then painted the bare patched with galavfroid. I fitted the new metalwork I'd made for the ventilator in the forward cabin. After lunch I painted white topcoat over the bits Tom primed yesterday. I had to do some interesting climbing moves to reach the higher bits tom had primed (he has quite a height advantage)
Dad put the finishing touches to the samsom post and screwed the adjoining bench back together, before painting the rope locker on the aft deck.
Yesterday I forgot to check if the dynamo was charging the batteries when we ran the engine, so I started it again today. At first I thought it wasn't working and I spent a while checking the wiring before I realised that I hadn't revved the engine over 1000rpm, given some revs it worked fine! I should have payed more attention to the rev counter, the sound of a 6 cylinder 2-stroke diesel fools your ears into thinking it's going much faster than it is.
In the picture is the control box for the dynamo which also housed the original switchgear for nav lights etc

No comments:

Post a Comment