Sunday 14 February 2010

fixing more holes

My plans of painting were scuppered by rain :( I had intended on painting the roof of the aft cabin, but it was too wet, so we did some jobs inside.
I started by fixing the engine water temperature gauge which was reading 120 c before I'd even started the engine! The sensor needed replacing, and luckily I found one amongst the bits and bobs in the engine room.
Dad had tidied up below deck and then gave me a hand to remove paint and unwanted woodwork from the aft cabin.
A fresh shower of rain brought to my attention some holes in the roof I'd missed yesterday.
In the locker above the front half of the cabin there were more old bolt holes, and they were dripping on us!
The previous owner's remedy to this had been to skim the bottom of the locker with about an inch of cement, which hid the holes nicely, however water find's it's way into all sorts of places.
So I bit the bullet and went outside to chip away the cement, then plug the holes properly.
Luckily it lifted off the steel without a fight, just a lot of mess.
Hopefully next week will be a drier one.

No comments:

Post a Comment